Are you ready for a classic?
The 1954 Creature from the Black Lagoon!
Such a great, cheesy movie!
I love this movie so much that when I was a kid I used to try to swim like the creature, haha!
Last week we traveled to South Carolina to celebrate my niece’s marriage and I was trying to think of a dinner to pair with this movie. As we were passing through Louisiana near New Orleans, I thought about Po’ Boy sandwiches. And I thought that would be a perfect dinner to have with The Creature.
It’s seafood. Something the Creature probably likes and I sort of feel sorry for the “Po” Creature. So, here’s a link back to the Fish Stick Po’ Boy Recipe that I posted on Tuesday.
And if you’re interested, here’s a bit of Black Lagoon trivia…
- The actor who plays the annoying Mark Williams is Richard Denning and is the same actor who plays Debra Kerr’s fiance in “An Affair To Remember.” He was in “Black Lagoon” 2 years before “An Affair.” I wonder if Cary Grant picked on him about it?
- The Creature’s theme music is played about 130 times in the movie! Every time his webbed hand appears or he shows up you hear the theme!
- Henry Mancini had a hand in the composition of the theme.
- The 1955 sequel was Clint Eastwood’s first movie.
- There were 2 actors who played the creature. One was the Creature when he was on land or the boat. A second actor played the Creature in all the underwater scenes. He was formerly a performer in Florida’s Wiki Wachee Park.
Listen for the Creature theme here…you’ll get sick of it, I promise you.