I love this salt-free, MSG-free, homemade Chili Seasoning. It’s become sort of a tradition that when the weather starts to cool, I make a couple of batches of this seasoning and share with my daughter and daughter-in-law. We use it in chili, taco meat, and Chili Con Carne Sauce.
I found the bulk recipe years ago on Pinterest from Rachel Cooks website.
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2.5 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2.5 teaspoons onion powder
- 2.5 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2.5 teaspoons oregano
- 5 teaspoons paprika
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt (more to taste)
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon finely ground pepper
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients and store in an airtight container. (Or you can mix it together in the container you are going to store it in–just give it a shake.)
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of this mixture plus 1/2 cup of water to one pound of cooked meat (of your choice). Simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently until there is very little liquid left in the pan.